Tuesday 3 April 2007

Strangest Disney cover EVER?

Found this while looking through my piles of various Disney comics that has been stacked in my apartment for far too long time.
This is the Estonian Mickey Mouse weekly(?) #11 from 1998. The title obviously translates into Mickey Mouse with the text in the circle meaning "Mickey and Minnie 70!". So far so good. But then we have the shadow of the Phantom Blot and Donalds nephews cheering a red circle on a carpet and a small bowl of water. Huh? Does it make sense to you?
( Just imagine that all this must once have made sense to an editor who OK:ed this...)

I challenge you all to find a more weird Disney cover than this. Let me know what you have in the back of your closets.

Myself I've been trying to get some writing done today. Got too many ideas and loose ends for the next Emma & Sara page to tie them together. But I think I'm on the right track now. Gotta have a finished page by the end of this Easter weekend...
Don't hold your breath.

And, oh, I need to get a counter for this blog.
Anyone knows where to get one (free and simple to use) on the net?

3 comments:

-= Steamboat Willie =- said...

I use Webstat for my counter for my blog. It's free and it gives some interesting statistics and are quite simple to boot.

http://www.webstat.se/

I can recommend it.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure, but I believe the nephews were originally supposed to be playing tiddlywinks there.
But why remove the tiddlywinks? And why add... the Blot... argh, my mind hurts; maybe it's one of the Blot's thousands of mind control schemes...

Anonymous said...

He's obviously trying to flip the big red thing into the bowl. Does the Blot own or use a big red disc? If so, that would explain the cover.