Saturday 18 August 2007

Hey stooopid!

Sometimes I'm just sooo stupid.
Earlier today I made an illustration and saved it in high resolution for print, as usual.
But, hey why not use it in my portfolio on www.illustratorcentrum.se while I'm at it. It's been a while since I made any updates there. So I made the file smaller and clicked "save for web" and saved...
But, did I save the large file first? No...
I guess that everyone has made this mistake once or twice, but arghhhh, It's so frustrating when it happens. I'm glad there was no deadline involved this time.
The "petite" version can be seen below. This is the largest version I have of it now. But with those bright colors I might just as well be better off *not* having it larger than this...

But to cheer things up a bit: Here's a photo of a li'l but early piece of TS Sullivant artwork.
From Life March 23, 1911 entitled "The red danger flag".
I prefer his drawings from the 20's, but any Sullivant artwork is good Sullivant artwork. Enjoy!

PS.
This blog never had as much hits as when I posted those Sullivant drawings earlier this week. Glad to see that I'm not the only one liking his stuff. I hope that someday someone will collect his work in a thick and massive hardcover book. Until then I'll try to post stuff whenever I come across new pieces.

No comments: