Saturday 6 October 2007

Bill Wright

Here's a real rarity!
Bill Wrights (1917-1984) work resume!
Now, who was Bill Wright? If you are interested in the history of Disney comics and newspaper comics you probably already know. If not, please read about him in his own words. It's fun and interesting reading. Don't skip it.
This edition was printed in only 325 copies for the National Amateur Press Association (That's the info covered up on the back by his business card.) and maybe the original was printed larger than this rather small edition.
Now, enjoy!








Now, you might wonder how much more junk like this does Joakim have in his apartment. Way too much I'm afraid...
And the worst thing is that he'll continue to put it on his blog. Don't tell me I didn't warn you!

Myself, I'm still having a cold. Just don't get any better but today I have at least been able to ink a while and will try to write a script or two. Hopefully I'll be able to lay my hands on the new Terry and the Pirates volume later :) and maybe some other people will come to the studio and cheer me up. Let's hope so.
But now it's time to walk over to Indian Express to grab some lunch!

6 comments:

-= Steamboat Willie =- said...

Intereting about Bill Wright to say the least... :-) What a way to apply for a job! But I suppose he was talking to his audience at the time. The interesting thing is the deletions. The paragraphs crossed out. Did you do it? Did BIll do it? I can see that he changed the address information, but why strike the other parts? Did he get a job, well, then who did he give this copy to if not for a job application? ... a girl perhaps? He states that he's not married... and that part isn't crossed out... :-)

Anonymous said...

Remarkable that Bill Wright would have trouble finding work. He's such a good artist. I agree with Steamboat Willie about the deletions, interesting. Thanks!

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

The deletetions were done by Bill, I believe.

Matterhorn1959 said...

I own two of these resumes and neither have the strike outs. The resumes also came with some other Bill Wright press items including a very nice Easter card greeting.

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

I'd love to see the other stuff!!!
If you'd like to share your items, please let me know!
My e-mail is sekvenskonst at telia.com

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I would love to kinow more of Bill Wrights actual credentials. Is he also the artist who did Howdy Doody?