Sunday 6 April 2008

Restoring Gahlin

It's sunday evening here in Malmö, Sweden and I'm back in town after a few days away. Having mostly relaxed this weekend. I watched 101 Dalmatians on DVD and I had a great dinner at a greek reataurant last evening just to mention two things I did.
I also bought the remaining "Fredrik" strips by Torvald Gahlin that I showed some samples from in an earlier post. And this evening I'm scanning them and making them ready for print. Thinking about making a very, very, very limited edition of all the strips I found (31) before the originals are scattered with the wind.
Below are two panels showing what they looked like before and after they were digitally restored. Isn't Photoshop a wonderful tool? :)


PS. For those of you who wonder what happened with my Adv. of Patsy project: I'm still hoping to find more strips to make my runs complete before doing more. If you got strips and are willing to loan or sell me, please let me know!
Also: I recently saw that there are two volumes of 1938 dailies for sale on eBay. (Publ. by Tony R.) Anyone who got those? Is the reproduction good? Excellent? Or terrible?

No comments: