Monday 28 March 2011

Harvey Eisenberg and the Art of Running

No one ever drew funny animal characters running through the air like Harvey Eisenberg did.
How can I best describe it? That he made them "weightless with speed", might be a fitting description.
His way of posing the arms and legs of the characters in a very special way while they were running made an impact on me as a kid, and I found it fascinating.
Here are a few examples to show what I mean. I hope you find them as inspiering as I do. :)

/Joakim.
Notice the way Eisenberg pushed the shoulder forward on Droopy here.




                                     








If you like the above you'll love the work of Oscar Martin.
The modern day master Tom & Jerry artist.
Make sure to check out his blog. Just click HERE!

1 comment:

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Man, that Oscar Martin is good!