Saturday 29 November 2014

Rare Rabbit

Cough, cough! Home with a cold and feeling all dizzy.
Trying to organize all the files that has been piling up on my desktop into proper folders.
While doing that I found this piece.




It looks like a try-out strip for a never produced daily version of Brer Rabbit/Uncle Remus/Song of the south.
The Uncle Remus sunday page began in 1945 and the contents of this strip is similar to the events in the first of those. See image below. So I assume that this strip was made around that time.



Also: Check out the Pictorial Review cover featuring Brer Rabbit and friends over at the DHI Facebook page by clicking HERE.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lettering reminds me Murry. What's your opinion ?

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

I don't have any 1945 material lettered or inked by Murry to compare with. But I'd say Murry did at least the pencils. Maybe even inked and lettered it.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Hi,

I have been looking for Knasen. I understand they have been printing neew Beetle strips made especially for them the last few years, presumably drawn by Neal Walker. As I understand it, the writers choose jokes that arre to sharp or racey to fill out the quota for the Scandinavian magazines. I would love to show some of those on my blog and in the magazine Eppo. Do you know how to get them? Emailing the editor didn't get any response.

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

Hi!
I'm on a leave of absence from Egmont until the summer. So unfortunately I'm not much help right now. Doesn't Walker himself have the material? The syndicate?

David Millal said...

Nice article as well as the whole site.Thanks for sharing.
How to do photo color correction